Friday, August 12, 2005

She gave birth

5 pounds, 5 ounces, healthy baby girl, full head of hair. August 12th.

Odd - the first referral call we got was for a baby born April 12th.

hmmmm

The Birth mother's mother was in the delivery room, and the birth mother's social worker feels confident about her adoption plan, but the birth mother has decided to keep the baby in her hospital room with her.

that spells bonding, which we want her to do, just not so much that she changes her mind....

In theory, she will sign termination papers on Monday.

I love our social worker - she's IN a wedding this weekend, and she has three potential placements ALL THIS WEEKEND. Poor thing, and we've been on the cell with her numerous times today already, as she drives (ok, her husband drives) through the mid town tunnel.

I fly back early, tomorrow night, I get into NY Sunday morning. We shlep off to Jersey city immediately.

wow.

We will at least know one way or the other on Monday.

I pray she goes with an adoption plan.

thank you all for your good vibes and energy, I really feel it...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! i'm so excited over here for you guys. {{hugs}}

lorem ipsum said...

Happy birthday to your about-to-be-daughter!

(By the way, my grandmother was born August 12. She was one cool broad. I like August 12 people.)

Anonymous said...

SHELLI!!!

We don't have internet access at home this weekend... I don't know if I can wait until Monday for news!!!!

I'm telling Arden to cross her little fingers that birthmom signs on Monday..... oh please birthmom please!!!

Dora & Erin (& Arden)

Anonymous said...

OMFG! I am soooo rooting for you guys!
I'll keep everything I have crossed, for like the entire weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! FWIW, I often work as a doula with teen moms doing an adoption plan, and having the baby in the room is what they usually do. A couple have even pumped milk for the baby. Not one I've worked with has changed her mind.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way (and hers) from alto Manhattan.

Alex & Maya (from FF)

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so happy for you guys.

MAJOR happy adoption vibes to you and the birth mom.

Yay!

KRISTI said...

I'm so excited for you. Hope your weekend speeds by and on Monday you have your baby!!!!

sunshinehugs from FF

Miss X said...

Great news!! I am so happy for you!
Wishing you nothing but good things!

Cait said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

So, so excited and on pins and needles for you. Sending all kinds of good luck wishes your way.

Jen and Cait

Hope and Megan said...

Good luck and we can't wait to see pictures!

Hope and Megan

Anonymous said...

Holding our breath and thinking of all of you.