Thursday, December 28, 2006

I've wanted one for a while...

For a while now, I've become increasingly frustrated with my current point and shoot digital camera. I've missed a LOT of great pictures of Malka because of the ginormous lag time between when I depress the shutter and when the picture actually takes.

Narda had said that for Chanukah I could get a new camera. I had my HEART set on a Nikon D50. It cost a wee much, however, so I told Narda I'd go half-sies with her on it. After I brought it home, she said I didn't owe her a dime.

WOW.

All I can say is: "Look out internet, here comes some SERIOUS MP3 pictures!"



Thanks, baby. You rock.*


*Narda confessed that I didn't owe her for half of it, because she said that she wanted to use it as my bribe for being home with Malka for a month without her... OK. That works. But after being a "single mom" with her whilst here in Chicago (Narda's in rehearsals at the Goodman Theatre) - wow - it's like one LONG weekend - wonderful, but by 6:30, I'm ready for bed as soon as she is! I'm WIPED.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, that is so awesome! Can't wait to see how your pics turn out on the new camera. I have been really frustrated too with my point and shoot, and the D50 is one of the four I have on my list. I've heard such great things about it.

Trista said...

Oh you're going to LOVE it. The D50 is a great camera, it even make it look like I can take great pictures. If I weren't terrified of breaking it and having Kristin divorce me over the broken pieces I'd be using it all the time!

Anonymous said...

OMG - you are so lucky!! I'm so jeaous - I have been begging my dh to get me one - urgh! ha,ha I can't wait to see more pics of Malka. Let us know how the camera fairs out...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear reports on the new camera. I haven't been able to get a decent picture of the kids in months because they move so fast! And I'm sure Miss Malka is the same way.