Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sunny Days...

Sweepin the Clouds Away
Friendly neighbors,
Where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to
SESAME STREET?!

Malka has discovered Grover, and there's no going back.

That and the Count make her giggle with such glee, my ovaries burst wide open, wanting more.

But of course, it's all balanced by she who screams at 3am, where my ovaries are closing shop. "They" all tell me that babies go through phases - good, bad and ugly. All in all, Malka is a GREAT kid. But she's experimenting with the notion of NOT sleeping at night for more than 3 hours at a time.

Ugh.

I hope this passes SOON.

Being a SAHM (that's stay at home mom for those of you that don't spend WAY too much time in mommie chat rooms...) is HARD work! It's kind of fun, as there's no deadlines, and the boss is REALLY cute! And an EXCELLENT communicator. I'm still trying to get some good video of her dookie face for later blackmailing - because it's REALLY funny - she scrunches up her face and bears down, turns red and then releases the face and repeats the process - it's priceless. And it will be worth SO much later in life - muhahahaha.

OK - Elmos' world is almost over, and I have to prep her highness and I to make a field trip downtown to enjoy the new Trader Joe's, as we all tried it on the weekend, and THAT was a grevious error. Let's hope today is easier.

6 comments:

Calliope said...

Yay!! Another Grover fan! Good taste, Malka.

charlotte said...

um, yeah. hardest job in the world (SAHM).

We just got ours sleeping thru the night AT 18 MONTHS. Whatever you do don't wait that long!! We should have cried it out a year ago, 2 nights and he is sleeping through all night, every night.

Those sleepless nights are so hard! But they do end at some point. Good luck.

Lo said...

There is no Muppet like Grover. Calliope & Malka, I'm with you, all the way. Step aside, Elmo.

Care said...

Yeah, another Grover fan! I can't convince my little ones that Grover is the best.

Anonymous said...

Someday as you're treking down to Trader Joes, you'll be singing all the sesame songs!

~M said...

My daughter LOVES Sesame Street! You should also introduce Malka to some of the shows on the Disney Channel, like the Wiggles and the Doodlebops. Kids love music and lots of colors at that age.